Our Latest Vacancies
Payroll Officer - Part-time
Our client is a rapidly expanding National Wholesaler, with over 30 branches in the South of England are looking for an additional member of staff to join their team as a Payroll Officer at their Crawley office on a part-time basis to cover 3 days per week.
Salary: £36,000 - £40,000 pro rata
Location: Crawley/hybrid after probation
Hours: 9am to 5pm/ 2 or 3 days per week – flexible to be discussed
Benefits: Include a contributory Pension scheme, discretionary annual bonus, generous staff discount on all products
About the Company
Offering a relaxed working environment in modern offices – this successful and expanding business are looking for an experienced Payroll professional who can work well within a small team.
Looking after a monthly payroll – you will be responsible for the processing of up to 400 employees.
Experience in IRIS payroll software would be an advantage. Duties will include:
- Ensuring that all statutory deductions are made in an accurate and on timely manner
- All HMRC submissions deadlines are met
- Uploading pension information.
- The Payroll Administrator will be working with the HR Manager on a number of payroll related initiatives
- Transmit payroll on a monthly basis and check output for accuracy
- Calculate any statutory payments, such as SMP and SSP, making any required inputs to the payroll system
- Submit year end returns for PAYE and produce P60’s
- Complete pension administration, checking the monthly data collection for accuracy and processing any retirement or other requests
- Handle all payroll queries promptly and update HR Manager accordingly
- Add new starters/process leavers
- Produce payslips and distribute
- Administer End of Year documentation for payroll and pension schemes
What will your working week be like?
This role is ideally suited to a candidate who has a strong work ethic and is willing to fully involve themselves within the role. You will possess the following skills and attributes;
- The ability to manage and prioritise your own workload on a daily basis
- Common sense and confidence within a customer focused environment
- IT literate, with the ability to learn new systems and set up processes
- Completing tasks accurately and within set timescales
- High level of confidentiality
- Ability to handle sensitive matters
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional telephone manner
- High standard of written and verbal English
- The ability to work on your own initiative and deal with people at all levels
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send you CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.