Our Latest Vacancies
This exciting post will give you the opportunity to be part of the dedicated facilities team who are committed to ensuring the provision of first-class facilities and a safe, secure environment for students, staff and visitors.
As a Premises Officer at their South Croydon campus, this role will suit someone with Caretaking/Premises or Facilities experience, although full training will be given – they just need someone who will work hard and pitch in with all kinds of tasks! This role is being offered on permanent basis or if you are available straight away, there is an option to start on a temp to perm basis.
Salary: £24,000 - £25,000
DBS: Ideally you will already holdan enhanced DBS certificate
Hours: 37 Hours per week - various shift times across Monday–Fridays 07:00-15:00, 11:00-19:00 & 13:00-21:00 and the very occasional Saturday may be required.
Overview of the post:
Responsibilities include general caretaking, maintenance, minor repair work and security, as well as assisting with arrangements for College events such as open days and exhibitions. This position involves manual work, including lifting and carrying furniture and equipment and walking between the two sites. You will ideally have some knowledge of Health and Safety regulations and hold the IOSH qualification, although this is not essential.
Working closely with the Premises Supervisor, Head of Estates and the rest of the Facilities team you will carry out general building maintenance and repair work as well as regular inspections of service appliances and premises. You will also monitor the Share Point helpdesk, and complete facilities requests where required.
What your working week will look like:
- Key holding duties, opening and closing of the college at specified times. Site supervision to prevent trespass, unauthorised parking and unsafe practices as far as possible.
- Undertaking of building maintenance and repair work to a competent level under the direction of the College Keeper; reporting on the need for specialist repairs.
- To use Share Point helpdesk to monitor and complete Facilities requests at least twice a day.
- The reporting of illegal entries/vandalism to College Keeper and where required to police.
- Daily cleanliness of all exterior hard surface areas including litter bins. Keeping gulleys and drains clear of obstructions. Undertaking of specified internal cleaning to the required standard, including the removal of graffiti.
- Dealing with bursts, leaks, fires, breakages and spillages as necessary.
- Regular inspections of service appliances for repair or report, including light fittings, pipes, clocks etc.
- During College events support the Premises team in the moving of furniture and other miscellaneous or ad hoc requirements as required
- Porter duties including college deliveries where appropriate.
- Re stocking replenishing and stock taking of general toiletry supplies.
- To assist with grounds maintenance.
- To maintain compliance with Health & Safety Legislation and Statutory duties
The successful candidate must have:
- Previous experience in a caretaker or similar facilities role
- Knowledge of security systems and devices
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation / regulations, and understanding of Safeguarding considerations linked to facilities, security and site management
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel, and experience of using online systems and databases
- The ability to work on a variable shift pattern, (which will include occasional Saturdays, Bank Holidays and Sundays)
- A First Aid at Work Certificate (or willing to obtain)
- A Qualified driver with clean driving license certified to drive Group D1 Vehicles is advantageous but not essential
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.