Our Latest Vacancies
Based at their Oxted office, you will be working as part of a busy Commercial Property Team. They are looking to recruit an experienced Commercial Law Legal Assistant or Paralegal. This role would also suit someone who is currently studying for their CILEx qualification.
With a generous salary offering of £27,000 per annum, this really is a rare opportunity to join this well-established Law Firm.
Will you suit this role?
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience in the commercial law arena and will be able to work well in a team as well as autonomously. You will have the opportunity to assist and advise on a wide range of property transactions including landlord and tenant matters, buying and selling of freehold properties, leases and secured lending.
You will be able to demonstrate your ability to work well under pressure and act on your own initiative. Depending on experience, the role may also come with the opportunity to undertake Fee Earning work with dedicated file ownership (under supervision). Key requirements to be considered are:
- Minimum 2 years Commercial Law experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of the team
- Some experience of residential property desirable but not essential
- Demonstrate good time management and organisation skills
- IT literate
- Experience with case management systems
- Fee earning experience a benefit but not a requirement
- An interest in Corporate/Commercial law
What will your working week be like?
- Assisting and supporting fee-earners with a busy caseload
- Producing contracts, simple form leases and transfers
- Responding to standard enquiries
- Liaising with clients and other parties in a transaction
- Submitting searches and making Land Registry applications
- Undertaking, reviewing and reporting on search results and title investigations
- Any administrative duties including file opening and ensuring AML procedures are complied with mentoring and training junior assistants
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.