Our Latest Vacancies
Outreach Coordinator - Field Based
What will your working week be like?
- Assist in managing the outreach resources and to provide a positive living experience for the resident young people
- Responsible for safeguarding and promoting the well-being of residents in accordance with their Relevant Plans. Relevant plans are defined as any placement plan, care plan, pathway plan, statement of special needs or education, health and care (EHC) plan
- To work in a range of locations as directed by the Outreach Manager
- Assist the Outreach Manager in the overall management and day-to-day operation of the service
- Direct and co-ordinate the activities of Outreach support workers
- Oversee and be responsible for all young persons’ relevant plans and ensure that the Support plans for each individual young person continue to reflect the original reason for the referral, and outcomes to be achieved through consultation with and supervision of the Key Workers
- Ensure health and safety checks are carried out on properties weekly, along with ensuring this information is recorded correctly.
- People Management - line manage Outreach Support Workers and provide regular, purposeful supervision reviewing and monitoring standards, caseloads and practice development
- Support new staff and assist in ensuring that they complete an Induction Programme
- Assist the Outreach Manager in ensuring that each member of staff has an annual appraisal, has a training and development profile and that both the team and individuals receive regular training according to their identified needs and the needs of the Service
- Monitor the practices and performance of staff according to the developing needs of the residents
Do you have the required skills & experience?
Evidence of having successfully completed educational programmes up to the age of 18
NVQ3 Health & Social Care (children & young people) or Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (England).
Skills & Attributes:
- Minimum 24 months experience of working with children and young people
- 12 months experience of supervising staff and/or volunteers
- Understanding of young people’s developmental needs and the impact of adverse childhood experiences
- Understanding of child protection procedures
- Understanding of safeguarding vulnerable adults
- Understanding of the skills needed by young people in order to move onto independence
- Ability to manage stress and difficult dynamics and demonstrate emotional resilience
- Ability to create clear, concise reports
- Effective communication & literacy skills
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.