Our Latest Vacancies
Product Development Manager
Interested? Here’s more …
- Work to a critical path and coordinate across teams, to ensure project deadlines are met
- Collaborate with Senior Managers, Technical and China NPD teams for successful delivery of product lines
- Keep a close eye on market trends, being able to correctly identify and size opportunities
- Generate product costings to support customer quotations, including negotiating savings with China team
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Location: Edenbridge, Kent
Benefits: On-site parking, 22 days holiday, money purchase pension scheme, private health insurance, death in service
What will your working week be like?
As the Product Manager, you will oversee a team of 3 employees: a Design Manager, an Assistant Product Manager and a Production Controller. The role will be an extremely busy one, with responsibilities that include:
- Liaising daily with the manufacturing team based in China; handling any problems, design faults, manufacturing queries etc
- Oversee the design of new items
- Effective day to day management of the supply chain ensuring the right products are in the right place at the right time
- Ensure stock levels meet customer demand, avoiding over stocked lines and create clear channels to flush obsolete stock.
- Support the Sales team by accompanying onsite visits to retail/distribution partners and prospective sale opportunities.
- Working closely with the Sales and Marketing Team to discuss the marketplace, research encompassing consumer feedback, retail opportunities and competitor activity.
- Promote the brand through social media, printed, electronic and other material as appropriate in conjunction with the in house/external design team.
- Recommending future promotional opportunities and monitoring the effectiveness of active promotions.
- Support the Production team with a cross function approach to product innovation
Who will this role suit?
- Previous experience of product management & development within an FMCG environment from China.
- Experience of developing products from identifying customer needs to presenting a solution
- Ability to manage competing priorities and respond in a timely manner.
- Presentable and confident in front of both customer and suppliers.
- Ability to promote confidence with our existing supply chain, salesforce and customer base.
- Team player with the ability to integrate with multiple functions associated within the group
- Mobility to travel within the UK and to Far East suppliers (2 to 3 times per year).
Ideally, you will also have the following attributes and experience:
- Track record of being involved with engineered products
- Basic understanding of materials – metals, plastics, print
- Exposure to basic processes – metal turning, injection moulding, vacuum moulding, print
- Market aware / Brand aware
- Highly organised
- Team player, open to innovation
***For your information
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship)
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Keywords: Product development, product design, product design engineer, supply chain management, strong negotiator, branding, FMCG experience, ability to travel worldwide,
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.