Our Latest Vacancies
Level 3 - Nursery Nurse
Your Room Leader, the Assistant Manager, the Nursery Manager and the Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff.
- To keep a proper record of achievement file on your key children, for parents, which will include carrying out regular observations on your key children.
- Work with parents of special needs children to give full integration in the Nursery.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members.
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, staff meetings and planning meetings, open days, sports days, parents barbeque, Christmas party, parents evenings and open evenings etc.
- To be flexible within working practices of nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, weekly cleansing of equipment etc.
- Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the project is fulfilled.
- Recording accidents in the accident book. Ensure the manager or the director has signed the report before the parent receives it.
- Look upon the nursery as a “whole” where can your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children.
- Ensure each child is collected by someone known to the nursery.
- To respect the confidentiality of information received.
- To develop your role within the team especially with regard as a key person.
Specific Child Care Tasks:
- The preparation and completion of activities to suit the child's stage of development.
- To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing.
- Washing and changing children as required.
- Providing comfort and warmth to a sick child.
- To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development.
- To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold the nursery standards at all times.
- To ensure that all nursery policies and procedures are followed and maintained at all times.
- To attend regular appraisals with the director and/or manager.
- Take some responsibility for students and volunteers attending the nursery and to be a responsible role model for them.
- Establish and maintain a responsible and caring relationship with each parent, child and other member of staff.
- Responsible for maintaining a mature attitude of respect towards self and others. Employees must use mature judgement and show initiative and responsibility when dealing with any situation.
- Expected to participate in all recommended training programmes and courses in order to develop professional growth.
- In the event of a lack of procedure between staff members, concerns must be confidentially discussed between the two members involved. If no solution can be agreed upon, the staff will discuss the matter with the director and / or the nursery manager.
- To create a stimulating environment - regularly change wall displays, role play areas (where applicable) to incorporate the current interests.
- Identify concerns around safeguarding, including knowing the signs and reporting any safeguarding concerns in the appropriate manner in line with the Company safeguarding reporting procedure.
This job description works alongside the job description of a Nursery Assistant. Your responsibility is to ensure that the children are safe, happy and well cared for and receive your full time and attention at all times.
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Group does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.